Founded in 1900 as the first graduate school of business, Tuck builds on the liberal arts tradition and heritage of Dartmouth College. A Tuck education is characterized by the integration of general management skills and responsible leadership. It’s an integrated learning philosophy that calls for connecting content across the curriculum in a cohesive way.
Thanks to its people, facilities, and setting in the midst of the natural beauty of northern New England, Tuck is a place rich in opportunities for intellectual and personal growth. Tuck’s physical and virtual campus fosters a community of collaboration, respect, stewardship, and responsibility. It encourages informal interactions and is a place where lifelong relationships are created. These relationships emerge from program experiences that draw upon many different learning methods as well as conversations with faculty and peers outside the classroom.
Teaching and Learning Methods
A hallmark of our approach is our focus on both leadership development and business impact. Tuck aligns the program curriculum with each client’s needs and strategic objectives, and uses a combination of highly interactive and experiential methods to engage executive learners:
- Introduction of concepts and frameworks based on the faculty’s research and consulting experience
- Facilitated discussions of cases and best practices
- Application exercises to tie learning to business challenges
- Team-based action-learning projects or work on individual leadership challenges
- Experiential learning to give participants a visceral understanding of leadership and teams
- Assessments and coaching, including peer coaching
- Senior executive involvement—co-teaching with faculty, engaging in dialogues with participants, sponsoring action-learning projects
- Field visits and discussions with outside experts
- Opportunities for reflection—individually, in small groups, and with the larger group
- Virtual learning via our private online community—including webinars and social media platforms, such as LinkedIn
Request More Information:
Tuck Executive Education respects your privacy. Your contact information will not be shared with any organization outside Tuck Executive Education.
Faculty Perspectives on Tuck Custom Programs