- Understand essential questions that board members should be asking management and outside experts, regarding financing, disclosure, governance, succession planning, compensation, and litigation.
- Learn what Audit Committee members should know about revenue recognition, off-balance sheet financing, and accounting methods and disclosures.
- Develop frameworks for prudent legal strategies that help boards navigate in litigious environments.
- Understand and benchmark against best practices in corporate governance.
- Develop strategies for managing CEO succession and evaluating executive compensation.
- Evaluate the role of the board in strategy development, evaluation, and evolution.
Why You Should Attend
Designed for board members of public companies, Directors’ Consortium offers an engaging, hands-on environment where participants can benchmark best practices and exchange ideas that will influence the advancement and understanding of corporate governance practices in their organizations.
Led by world-class faculty, experienced directors, and other experts, you will examine multiple, real-world scenarios and formulate action plans enriched by peer-group interactions. Board members of companies that aspire to become public in the near future, as well as those who serve on boards of foreign corporations that are or aspire to be listed on U.S. exchanges, also will benefit. (The disciplines covered will have applicability to private, family-owned, and nonprofit organizations, but not all of the specific regulations and processes examined will apply.)